Daily Trivia Quiz - Thursday
1. What was Ben Hur's first name?
2. Name the famous Jazz club located at 47 Frith Street, Soho?
3. What was the name of Reggie and Ronnie Kray's older brother?
4. Alec Guinness, Robert Carlyle, Anthony Hopkins and Ian McKellen have all played which 20th century historical figure?
5. Dirk, Ka-bar, Sykes-Fairbairn, Kukri and Basilard are all examples of what?
6 According to Welsh psychologists, the most depressing day of the year is which day in the last week of which month ? (looking for a day in the week and a month)
7. What is Alecia Moore's 'piercing ' nickname ?
8. The Frankfurt hairdresser Karl Wald invented which nail-biting and sometimes heartbreaking 'punishment' in 1970 ? clue if needed, it is a major cause of heart attacks.
9. US President Quincy Adams kept one in the White House and TV cop Sonny Crocket kept one on his boat. What is it ?
10. The original layout or ground plot for which African capital city is in the shape of the Union Jack ?
11. Translate the two words Eskimo and Inuit.
12. The majority of tigers in the world live in which country ?
13. Which island is the last part of Europe that still has the feudal system ?
14. The psychosomatic illness called Stendhal Syndrome (or Florence Syndrome) which causes among other things dizziness, increased heartbeat, confusion and even hallucinations, can occur when one is exposed to what form of beauty ?
15. "Metsotso e mashome a meraro ka mara hora ya leshome le motso e mong" is Sesotho for what ?
a. I love you
b. very small
c. half past ten
16. Tea is often labeled TGFOP. What do the letters stand for ?
17. Which singer has the nickname 'toxic twin' ?
18. Who sang the following duets ? (if it has been covered, the original please)
a. To all the girls I've loved before
c. Don't let the sun go down on me
d. The Cuckoo Song or Dance of the Cuckoos
19. When does one drink 'storage' ?
20. Granny, Turks Head, Quipa, Dutch Cringle, Nubian and Flemish Flake are all examples of what ?
If you've enjoyed the information on this page, please consider buying my novel Cold Play. The story is set on a cruise ship in Alaska, and the quizzes on this page were inspired by the daily passenger activities which take place on board the ship.
In Cold Play, Jason Davey has literally run away to sea after the death of his makeup artist wife, finding work as a contract entertainer aboard a much-adored but soon-to-be-retired cruise ship, the Star Sapphire.But when three people from his past come board as passengers, Jason's routine week-long trip to Alaska becomes anything but.